For vacations that bring you back more refreshed, positive, productive, and happier than ever at work, the Grand Canyon has blown my mind. Having recently gotten back, here is my updated list of adventures of a lifetime, in order, if you are looking for an experience that will change your life.
- Raft Grand Canyon*
- Trek Machu Picchu
- Standup Paddle Maui to Lanai (Downwinding)
- Climbing Mt. Rainier
- Night time surfing, Santa Barbara, CA
- Kings Canyon National Park, CA (winter hiking, also Sequoia National Park)
- Climbing Aconcagua, Argentina (with wine tour)
- Open water commercial fishing, Alaska
- Standup Paddle Sea of Cortez, Baja, Mexico
- Amazonia raft, trek, bike, Ecuador (do not do the Shaman cleansing)
- Hike Yosemite, including Half Dome
- Standup Paddle Hood River, OR (multi-days, both sides of river)
- Trek Rogue River Valley
- Wildlife rehabilitation, Midway Atoll, National Wildlife Refuge, Hawaii
- Na Pali Coast hike, Kauai, Hawaii
- Bike Napa Valley
You can’t lose with any of these, and, I wouldn’t wait a day longer to book one!
Photo – Margie Miller, 2015, Grand Canyon
*I just took this one, so, to some degree, the jury is still out!